SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Hudson House for Date Night

Osman and I had a chance to go for a date night on Thursday and had dinner at the Hudson House in Highland Park. We've had this place on our list for a while now and finally made plans to go and I'm so glad we did because we had such a good time! We got there right around 7:00 and the small restaurant was full which is always a good sign. The hostess informed us that it would be an hour wait but we luckily found two seats at their full service bar. We were greeted quickly and decided to get drinks since it was in fact date night for us ☺️. I ordered the John Daly's Driver which was basically a spiked Arnold Palmer with Ketel One Orange Vodka. The drink was strong, and the orange flavor was very subtle and complimented the drink with just a hint of orange. Osman ordered the Fresh Grapefruit Paloma and said it was very strong! I'm not a fan of grapefruit so I didn't give it a try, but he finished it all so it must've been tasty. 

We started off with the Hudson's Avocado Dip served with housemade chips and it was delicious. I love guacamole and was expecting something similar to that, but this dip was completely different. You really enjoy the buttery avocados and crunchy chips in this simple and yummy appetizer. I had dinner with my family right before our date because I just can't say no to my parent's cooking so I didn't order a full entree. Instead I chose to have another appetizer for my main course and went with the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake. I'm a huge huge fan of the crab cakes from my job so I'm always anxious to try anyone else's, but this one was actually really tasty. It features a lump crab cake topped with "momma's slaw", a white balsamic glaze, and mango puree. My favorite part of this dish was everything! The flavors of the slaw, the fried breading and then the subtle sweetness of the crab paired with the refreshing mango was amazing. I would definitely come back just to have this specific dish again. Osman had the Big Brother Lobster roll and really enjoyed it. It is packed with a quarter pound of lobster meat and lemon mayo served with yuzu pickles on a poppy seed roll. I'm not a huge fan of poppy seed bread so I didn't give it a try and judged how good it was by Osman's facial expressions and words of praise! Because the lobster roll didn't come with a side, were ordered the skinny fries which were really delicious also. They were super thin shoe string fries served with the different dipping sauces. (I forgot to ask what they were specifically, but there were three!) 
Hudson House seemed like a more upscale version of East Hampton Sandwich company when I sat down at the bar and sure enough our bartender told us that both restaurant's are from the same creator.  Which definitely explained why everything was so good. The decor was beautiful and the food was even better. I would definitely say that East Hampton is a more casual lunch place while Hudson House is a little more upscale with their full bar. I loved everything about Hudson House and can't wait to come back again. 
We originally had plans to enjoy dinner and then catch a movie, but the showtimes didn't fit work out for us so we ended up at one of my favorite places instead-- Target! I'm honestly so happy that we chose to be boring and spend the rest of our night in because that's just who we really are as a couple. At Target, we bought a bunch of random things like the complete Blu-Ray set of Avatar: The Last Airbender, two puzzles, and super awesome super cool Game of Thrones Oreos. To say that I'm excited for the premiere on Sunday would be a lie because I've waited for this day for monthssssssssss and it's finally here!!!!!!! BUT since my favorite TV show is ending, what better time than now to start a new series, so Avatar it was. I'm glad Osman made me buy the set, because I was pretty hooked and we watched 6-7 (I honestly can't remember) episodes the first night! We worked on our 750 piece puzzle and snacked on Oreos with milk for dessert and enjoyed each other's company. I love going to the movies and going out and spending time with Osman outside of the house, but sometimes my favorite thing to do is just be lazy with him at home! What are some of your favorite things to do with your significant other? Leave a comment below to share and as always, thanks for reading, Quynhthy. 

Post a Comment